An independent, not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation, the Rutgers Camden Technology Campus, Inc.,
encourages businesses with high potential for growth and job creation to locate in Downtown Camden. It provides subsidized rent, professional mentoring, business services and management assistance along with access to venture capital and other supportive services to early stage companies that meet criteria for potential growth. The incubator provides the safety net needed during a new company's most critical and vulnerable period.
Incubator Benefits: Powerful aids to start-ups
- Accommodates tenants requiring dedicated space and equipment and "virtual" that need start-up services, but are not yet ready for full-time office occupancy
- Individual business counseling and mentoring
- Business plan review
- Access to essential services (i.e. attorneys, accountants, bankers, marketers, IT specialists, etc.)
- Referrals to possible sources of capital and other resources
- Low-cost expandable space
- High-speed Internet access
- Shared support services: printers, copy and fax machines, mail handling
- Lunch and Learn group sessions
- Tax benefits for locating within Camden's HUB, Empowerment, Urban Enterprise, and Innovation Zones.
Accessing the incubator
- Applicant must present a completed application form and a business plan for review
- Start-ups eligible for services for up to 3 years-extensions available for special circumstances